Monday, November 19, 2007

Baby with no eyes

Last year when we were in India, one day my mom took me to a home where they take care of babies ignored by their families. There were many babies there. Most of them were female babies. My mom showed me a baby and said that she and her friend are sponsoring for that baby.

"There are so many babies here. Why this baby alone???? I asked."

"Because she is special. She is a needy child"

"Special!!!!!!"

"yeah. Because she has no
eyes."

"No eyes!!!!!!!! why?????????"

"I don't know."

"Why she is here??? "

"Because she was
ignored by her family.They left the baby here."

"Why they left her here. Why can't they take care of her?"

"There could be many reasons. Poverty or social concerns or something else. It is difficult to know or explain to you"

When we were talking I saw the baby opening her left eye. I saw just a dot moving.

I felt very sorry for her. Why should babies are born with such defects?, i thought.

I searched in the web and found that there are many babies like her.

I read about the concern of a mother one such

http://www.getipm.com/articles/benlate-eyes.htm